Searching Z8RC.com for the best match.........

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Value Head2Head - FMS vs Horizon Hobby


H2H
As some know and others are soon to figure out, I generally don't like Horizon Hobby's lousy value proposition.  The reason is not that I dislike the company in general, and I don't like them because they are an unethical organization.  They rip off beginners as a primary business model, they exploit foreign workers,  they invade forums pretending to be customers, and they pay for glowing "reviews" (= legal fraud) because they know they can't get them honestly.  That's all ancillary to me.  I grade products objectively regardless of the low quality of the people who form the company that makes it.  The reason I don't like Horizon Hobby's value proposition because they don't have one.  They extract value from the RC community, they do not contribute value.  I don't like leaches.

Why do I grade HH products fairly when the company is a blemish on the RC community?  Because I'm attempting to provide a service for others who may or may not agree with me.

So let's do a quick value comparison and see if there is some objective value difference between has-been  Horizon and a new leader like FMS.  We know that both companies mark-up products they buy in China.  Which company is attempting to bring the value of hard working China to you, and which one is working to steal it for themselves?  You tell me.

Attribute
FMS
Horizon Hobby
Winner
Margin
Model
ASK 23 Motor Glider
ASK 21 Glider
-
-
Wing Span
91"
34"
FMS
267%
Scale
38.5 oz
2.5 oz
FMS
1560%
Motor
4018
None Provided
FMS
Infinite
WCL
4.9
6
FMS
18%
Street Price
$103
$120
FMS
16%
$/lb
$42.26
$768.00
FMS
1817%

Those who work in the aerospace industry will tell you that aircraft are bought and sold by the pound.

Winner: FMS
Margin: 18x value

Z8RC Open Discussion

Feedback | Suggestions | Questions

Please note, reader comments do not appear immediately after hitting submit.

I like to fly:

Top 10 This Week

Top 10 This Month