I remember buying balsa models as a kid and being soooo disappointed by the box contents; basically a stack of wood and directions. Not much has changed. But for a grand total of $12 including two day shipping to my door? Well, maybe it's time for a unique balsa UM conversion?
I mean, how hard can it be we have CA and CA accelerator now, right? Right?? Oh boy, this is going to be interesting.
The kit has that rubber band model dream picture on the box front. It has no relationship to what's inside, it's just a cool Stuka painting to fool you into thinking there is a miniature German masterpiece inside. I have as vivid an imagination as the next guy, but obviously not as good as Guillow's.
Another interesting thing is the Fw-190 instruction booklet. I think it's supposed to be generic since it is unlabeled, but wow, that's kind of impressive... the whole Guillow's series has the same basic construction method and parts count? Cool. I guess.
But hey, I'm all-in for micro Warbird airframes starting around $6 bucks that have some real flying potential. Still, it is pretty risky build, because if this thing flies as good as I hope, I might be building a few more in the series and that could cost a whole lot of time. But not much money.
Ok, now I remember this process. I can't believe I did this as a kid without accelerated CA. I think my next model will be a foamie. :)
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Z8RC Open Discussion
Feedback | Suggestions | Questions
Please note, reader comments do not appear immediately after hitting submit.
Please note, reader comments do not appear immediately after hitting submit.
I like to fly:
Top 10 This Week
-
With the latest surge in foam plane popularity, most serious hobbyists own at least one. The beauty of foam is the speed at which a decent ...
-
Happy New Year, honesty lovers! Now with 300-600 readers per day, Z8RC has established itself as a premier RC review site and the world...
-
INTRO A new line of Ultra Micro aircraft has hit the str...
-
The Blade SR's twitchy tail takes getting used to, but the errors generally offset in a hover. The SR is a Collective Pitch lead-in tr...
-
Update 6/20/12: Rimfire .60 and video . Update 6/4/12: I really enjoy the scale 4-blade prop included with this warbird, and the sound i...
-
The T-28 is a great trainer, but let’s face it, after a few weeks some might find it a little wanting in the Thrust:Weight category. The ...
-
600 size broken fuselage, flybar, boom, tail fin (and Align T-shirt) Easy to VID front canopy section Fusuno FUC-6003 with ALIGN...
-
March 12, 2011 Addendum: The FAA has published guidance on their website regarding this issue, specifically and officially stating that it ...
-
I decided to start this blog because the largest RC sites, like RCGroups.com, are corrupt. They only allow positive reviews of products of...
-
Anyone who’s flown the Blade 103 X will tell you, the tail was botched badly. The vibration problem: Horizon Hobby wanted to use a Z8RC m...
Top 10 This Month
-
BlitzRCWorks G4 Quad Charger / Thunder T6 Multi Charger Update: My Common Sense RC 250W PSU has two sets of outputs (see photo below). ...
-
Horizon Hobby forced their user base to buy all-new radio equipment when they switched to DSM-X from their admittedly shoddy DSM-2 standard....
-
INTRO A new line of Ultra Micro aircraft has hit the str...
-
Update 9/2/2012: Here is the AEO 8-blader in the Mini F-22 on 3S: 3S has plenty of power and is nice and light! Winds have been out of ...
-
The Blade SR's twitchy tail takes getting used to, but the errors generally offset in a hover. The SR is a Collective Pitch lead-in tr...
-
INTRO “Demon” (spelling corrected) describes the pers...
-
Happy New Year, honesty lovers! Now with 300-600 readers per day, Z8RC has established itself as a premier RC review site and the world...
-
Update 3: See also: http://z8rc.blogspot.com/2012/01/blade-mcp-x-100-tail-blow-out-fix.html Update 2: mCP X with Z8RC truss upgraded to A...
-
March 12, 2011 Addendum: The FAA has published guidance on their website regarding this issue, specifically and officially stating that it ...
Z8RC Resources
A Practical RC Simulator Comparison
AMA Under the Microscope (& Part 2)
Balancing a ducted fan or prop perfectly
Balsa or Foam?
Blade mCP X 100% Vibration Fix
Choosing the Right Motor
FAA Guarantees Your Right to Fly RC in the USA
Fixing those broken UM wheel pants
How to Land from The Overhead Pattern
Online RC Discount Codes
Soft Throttle
Understanding CG
Z8RC Thrust-to-Weight Ratio Database
Z8RC Manufacturer Rankings

